ℹ️ This article will help you to delete your account and data.
Good to know
- Deleting your account should be regarded as permanent in most cases – if you want to resolve an issue with your existing account, please contact us.
- You might wish to export your account data before deleting.
On this page
Delete your Saylor Academy account
- Log in to your Saylor Academy account and go to your profile.
- Under the section Privacy and policies, select the link to “Delete my account”.
- On the next page, add comments (optional) and select the button to “Save changes”.
- You will be taken to your data requests page, which will show that your request “Delete all of my personal data” is Awaiting approval. No further action is needed from you – you may log out or close the page – but you can cancel the request using the “Actions” link.
- Once Saylor Academy staff have approved your deletion request, your account will be permanently removed from our system. This action cannot be reversed.
- If you change your mind before your request is approved, you should log in to your account and go to your data requests page (found in your account profile in the Privacy and policies section). In the entry for your deletion request, click the link “Actions” and choose the option to Cancel request.
Note: This process removes your data only from our course management system. If you previously earned course certificates hosted by our partner Accredible (before early 2023) or participated in our Discourse discussion forums, contact our support staff for help removing your data from those platforms.