ℹ️ This article will help you to create your Saylor Academy student account.
Good to know
- To register for Saylor Academy, you just need to create your free account – then you’ll be be able to enroll yourself in one or more courses are start learning right away.
- You have two choices for how to sign up: choose a username and password, or register with your Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, or Microsoft account (OAuth).
- If you use an OAuth method, keep in mind that your Saylor Academy account name will match the name you use with your OAuth account. Change your name in your OAuth account or in Saylor Academy after signing up to make sure that your course completion certificates display your preferred full name.
On this page
- How to create your new Saylor Academy learner account
- More resources
How to create your new Saylor Academy learner account
OAuth (authenticate with your Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, or Microsoft account)
- From the Saylor Academy login page, find the section “Is this your first time here?” and click the button of the outside account you would like to use.
- Follow any prompts to complete the process. You might need to log in to your outside account, and it will ask you to permit Saylor Academy to see your name and email address.
- Each time you log in to Saylor Academy, use the same third-party account button.
Note: this method is quick and convenient, but you won’t be able to add a password to your account. Be sure to log in each time with the same button.
Username and password
- From the Saylor Academy login page, find the section “Is this your first time here?” and click the Create new account button.
- Fill out the sign-up form and click the Create my new account button to continue.
- Look for an email from Saylor Academy requesting you to confirm your email address. Check your spam folders if you do not receive an email within a few minutes.
- You can log in to Saylor Academy each time using either your chosen username or email address.
Note: if you sign up with a username and password, you can subsequently log in to your Saylor Academy account using one of the Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, or Microsoft buttons, as long as both your Saylor Academy student account and your outside account use the same email address.