ProctorU provides the proctoring service for our Saylor Direct Credit exams and other exams that have a proctored option. ProctorU charges a fee for each exam attempt ($25 USD).
Here is what you will need to do:
- Read the information on this page
- Confirm that you will be able to use ProctorU
- Create an account with ProctorU
- Schedule your exam session
- Take your proctored exam
How ProctorU works and technical requirements
Familiarize yourself with the ProctorU website and procedures before you take your exam.
On this page, http://proctoru.com/portal/saylor see especially:
Online Proctoring at ProctorU: How it Works from ProctorU on Vimeo.
Step 1: Create your account
- Click the "Sign Up" link from the Saylor Academy portal page on the ProctorU website and complete the form.
Note: If you already have a ProctorU account through another institution, you will need to update your existing profile account settings. Log in to your existing account, click on your name in the top right of the screen, select "Account Settings," and then under the "Enrollments" section, press the "Add Enrollment" button to find and select Saylor Academy.
Step 2: Schedule your exam
- Under the section “Schedule New Session”, choose your Saylor Academy course and the date/time you want to take your exam.
- Once you have scheduled your exam, a notice will appear under the “My Exam” tab, with a countdown to your scheduled exam session.
Step 3: Take your exam
- When it is time for you to take your test, log in to ProctorU and press the blue button under the "My Exam" tab to launch your proctoring session. To verify your identity, your Proctor will ask you to use a webcam to show a form of identification, and then answer a number of questions based on public record information. If you live outside of the United States, ProctorU will not have access to public record information, and you will instead be asked to show a second form of ID.
- Log in to your Saylor Academy account and navigate to the "Final Exam" section of your course.
- For courses that have either an ACE or NCCRS credit recommendation, you will need to take the exam titled "Saylor Direct Credit Final Exam." For courses that have not been recommended for credit by ACE or NCCRS, but do have a proctored exam option, you should take the exam titled "Proctored Final Exam." These exams will be password protected and can only be accessed by your proctor.
- Read/agree to the Honor Code and press the button to attempt the exam. Your ProctorU proctor will enter the exam password for you. Your exam will then begin, and will end when you submit your answers or once two hours have elapsed.